Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hello Everyone!!!!
I am having an amazing time, already!!!!! Well, except for the man who was sitting next to me on the plane. He would sprawl out everywhere and start smacking his own face and muttering...... hmmmmm......
Kudos to Delta, their first class is pretty flippin' sweet!!! They even gave me moist lemon towels for my hands, and gave me about 5 tons of sparkling water, and the flight attendant asked me if I wanted champagne! She quickly rephrased the question, "Would you like some orange juice?"

When we landed in Johannesburg, I looked out of the window to find a strip of grass in between the runways, as usual, but it was that baked-bread-coloured tall grass, like the grass you would find on the African plains.
I freaked. I was so happy!!! GRASS!!! It was oddly thrilling. It was the first sign that I was really there.
When i got off of the plane and met up with dad, he told me how strangely excited he was by the sight of the grass! When I told him that I thought the same thing we laughed at ourselves.
We also saw someone with bow-hunting skills (Bonnie, Michelle, Mom, that was mostly for you). He was standing there with these two bow-and-string-things, in the line to get his passport stamped. What man in Atlanta has a hand crafted bow and arrow set........
Ah, the people you meet on planes.......

No comments: